Titanium stands out for its corrosion and hardness, which is why it is often compared to steel. The physical characteristics of titanium include:

  • It’s a transition metal.
  • Its density is 4'54 g/cm3.
  • It has a melting point of 1668 ºC.
  • Its atomic mass is 47.867 u.
  • It’s a silver-gray color.
  • It is paramagnetic, that is, not magnetized due to its electronic structure.
  • Form alloys with other elements to improve mechanical performance.
  • Is resistant to corrosion.
  • Refractory.
  • Low thermal and electrical conductivity: Not a good conductor of heat or electricity.


Molybdenum is a silvery-white lustrous metal with reminiscent of tin. It has a density of 10.22 g/cm³ and is very much lighter when compared to tungsten, but with high boiling point of 5,560 °C and melting point of 2,620 °C.
It is a hard, tough and high strength material with low degree of thermal expansion, low heat resistance, and superior thermal conductivity. These properties make it the material of choice for applications that require high degree of heat protection and excellent thermal conductivity.
ShaanXi's molybdenum products can be produced according to the requests of customers on: bars, sheets, wires, discs, crucibles, molybdenum alloy (TZM alloy ) and any other fabricated molybdenum parts.

Applications of Molybdenum

Approximately 80% of this metal is used in the production of various steels, such as structural steels, stainless steels, high-speed steels, tool steels and so on. The rest of 20% of Mo products are basically utilized in the electronics industry for thermal heat sinks and semiconductors thanks to its low degree of thermal expansion.


Tungsten, also known as wolfram, is a lustrous, silvery-white metal that tarnishes in air. It has the highest melting point of all other non-alloyed metals. It also has the highest tensile strength. Pure tungsten is ductile; however, impure tungsten is often brittle and hard making it difficult to work with. It is one of the five major refractory metals, meaning that it is has a very high resistance to heat and water. Its atomic number is 74 and the chemical symbol for is W.
Yi Heng's tungsten products can be produced according to the requests of customers: tungsten bars, tungsten sheets, tungsten wires, tungsten discs, tungsten crucibles, tungsten carbide and other tungsten compounds.

Applications of Tungsten

Due to its hardness, tungsten is used in of heavy metal alloys. It is also used in military applications, as can be found in penetrating projectiles. A significant amount of tungsten, approximately 18%, is used in making high speed steel (steel that can cut through materials at higher speeds than carbon steel). Tungsten carbide, due to its hardness, makes it a key component in tools. Tungsten’s high melting point lends its properties to the aerospace industry for high-temperature applications such as electrical, heating and welding applications. It is also used in jewelry due to its wear resistance.
Pure tungsten is used mainly in electrical applications, while tungsten compounds and alloys are used in various applications, most commonly in incandescent light bulb filaments, X-ray tubes and superalloys.

Niobium and Tantalum

Tantalum is a lustrous, blue-gray, ductile, hard metal that is highly resistant to corrosion. It is an excellent conductor of heat and electricity belongs to refractory metals. The main use of tantalum is in the production of electronic components, mainly capacitors, and some high-power resistors. It is also used to make alloys to increase strength, ductility, melting points, and corrosion resistance. Tantalum can also be used for making thin lines of sewing tissue medically. Tantalum oxide (tantalum pentoxide, Ta2O5) can’t react with any acid, so it’s a good coating material’. Tantalum carbide (TaC) is a component of the material that is used on the cutting edges of high-speed machine tools.

Niobium is a grey, crystalline metallic element with high temperature resistance and other desirable properties for manufacturers. It is most commonly used in the creation of numerous metal alloys. Small amounts of niobium (as little as 0.1%) can significantly improve a metal’s performance characteristics. Niobium is renowned for its excellent resistance to corrosion and oxidation. When exposed to air and moisture, a tenacious niobium oxide layer forms. This layer acts as a protective barrier, blocking the intrusion of additional air and moisture and, as a result, preventing the occurrence of further corrosion.